For all those who monitor this blog, visit the MHSA, donate records, cash or time - thanks!
Do remember the MHSA in the many ways you can support us:
· Buy your Mennonite publications from us
· Collect your congregational bulletins and meeting minutes and donate them for our preservation vault
· Donate a copy of your family history for our library shelves
· Volunteer some time to help us keep up with our library cataloguing and records processing (help! Can anyone give us a bit of assistance with printing labels in MS Access?)
· Make a financial contribution to help us buy an additional bay of mobile shelving ($2500), pay for our insurance (about $900/year), archival safe folders (50 cents per folder), archival safe boxes ($9.50 per box). Our annual donation budget has been roughly $10,000 but we haven’t met it in 2007
We support you:
· through the e-connections we make here
· looking up records for you
· helping you out with research strategy ideas
· developing two major meetings a year
· being open one day a week
· two newsletters a year
· membership is stable at $20/year for many years now
· Major websites: MHSA (www.mennonitehistory.org), Mennonite Genealogical Data Index (www.mennonites.ca), and the tips and tricks blog at http://mennonites.typepad.com/mennonite_historical_soci/
And, join me in thanking those who have helped keep MHSA operating this past year:
· Irene Klassen (Calgary) – book and membership sales, archival records processing, and generally the “second in command”!
· Margaret Kent (Calgary) – accountant, wrestling with our resources and invoices
· Dave Hildebrand (Calgary) – always available to troubleshoot with “facility issues” and looking out for ways to add value to the MHSA reference area
· Dave Toews (Edmonton) – enthusiastic newsletter editor, bringing humour to research
· Henry Goerzen (Didsbury) – continuing his connections between the Mennonite Church Alberta’s historical needs and preservation of their records for the MHSA
· Archives Advisory Committee (Ted Regehr, Calgary; Jim Bowman, Calgary) – Helping me make best practice decisions with our records
· Board members who plan our major events: Vince Friesen (Chair, Edmonton) , Colin Neufeldt (Vice Chair, Edmonton), Margaret Kent (Treasurer, Calgary), Dave Pankratz (Secretary, Ft. St. John), and Members at Large: Henry Goerzen (Didsbury), Itrene Klassen (Calgary) and Dave toews (Edmonton).
· Area Representatives: Irene Klassen (Calgary), Colin Neufeldt (Edmonton), Rosemary (Mary Burkholder), Carstairs/Didsbury (Harvey Burkholder), southern Alberta (Hilda Heidebrecht). Tofield and northern Alberta representative roles are presently vacant.